Completed in the fall of 1996, renovations to the former CN passenger station were originally completed so the guardian newspaper could move into the space under a long-term lease. The agreement, however, fell through at the last minute when the newspaper was sold to Hollinger Inc. One month later, the Workers Compensation Board of Prince Edward Island purchased the fully restored building to consolidate their operations and administration space. The designated heritage property was originally built in 1907 and features a beautiful island sandstone facade and period architecture. CN closed the building in the early 1980’s when the rail services were abandoned here on PEI. CADC then purchased it to ensure its long term survival and restoration. The building formerly had a large loading dock area that jetted out from the back right corner which was demolished and removed during the renovation. This project capped off several that were completed in the early 90’s, including the CN Brass Shop, Peakes Wharf and marina, Confederation Landing Park, the CN Brass Shop, the Water Street extension and the Queen Charlotte naval reserve complex.
Name: CN Station Renovation
Date Completed: Spring 1996
Our Role: Project Management
Location: 14 Weymouth Street, Charlottetown
Completed in the fall of 1996, renovations to the former CN passenger station were originally completed so the…..